What is a Whole House Humidifier?
Who Needs a Whole House Humidifier?
Signs You Might Need A Furnace Humidifier
- Dry, itchy skin or irritated nasal passages
- Skin and scalp are always dry
- Static shocks
- Increased susceptibility to colds and viruses
- Sinus congestion and sinus infections
How Humid Your Home’s Air Should Be?
Different Types of Whole House Furnace Humidifier
Steam Humidifiers in Toronto
Bypass Humidifiers in Toronto
Fan-powered Humidifiers in Toronto
Advantages of Furnace Humidifiers in Toronto
- Increased comfort – A whole-house humidifier can help increase the comfort in your home by adding moisture to the air. It can help to reduce dry skin, irritated nasal passages, and other symptoms.
- Improved air quality – Humidifier will help to purify the air in your home because it can kill airborne germs and bacteria that circulate throughout your system’s ductwork.
- Free-flowing sinuses – As humidity levels increase, mucus membranes tend to swell, which means they become less irritated and congested. It can help to improve your sleep quality and reduce snoring.
- Reduced heating costs – A humidifier can help maintain the temperature in your home by preventing the air from becoming too dry. It can help to reduce your monthly energy bills.
- Reduced risk of respiratory problems – A furnace humidifier can help open airways and clear out your nasal passages by adding moisture to the air. It can help to reduce the frequency of respiratory infections.
How to Prevent Whole-Home Humidification Problems
- Make sure to keep your humidifier’s filter clean and replaced regularly: A dirty or clogged filter can cause your humidifier to work less efficiently or not at all.
- Keep your home’s doors and windows closed when humidity levels are running high: You want to ensure that they stay in your home when humidity levels go up. Keeping the air in your home can still reduce the risk of mould growth and other problems.
- Monitor humidity levels regularly with a digital humidifier: You must keep track of the humidity levels in your home so you can adjust your humidifier’s settings as needed. Furnace humidifiers work best when the humidity levels stay between 30% and 50%.
- Add a dehumidifier to your heating system. You may need to use a dehumidifier for your furnace humidifier. Some homes retain too much moisture, which can cause problems like mould growth.
- Adjust your humidifier’s settings as needed: If you find that the humidity levels in your home are too high or too low, you can adjust the settings on your furnace humidifier to correct the problem.
Hire Professional Humidifier Installation Toronto
If you are not comfortable installing a furnace humidifier yourself, you can always hire a professional to do the job for you. Furnace Repair Toronto offers free quotes on HVAC installation and repairs. We have a team of experienced and qualified technicians who can help you get the most out of your humidifier.