Need air conditioner repair Toronto? If your air conditioner system stops functioning, you could be in an uncomfortable situation in the summer. Furnace Repair Toronto is the best AC repair company with the best technicians serving GTA. We provide all central air conditioning services like installation and repairs.
- Circuit Breakers: If your AC is not turning on at all, check to make sure you plugged it in and that the breaker has not been tripped. Reset the breaker and try turning the AC on again.
- Frozen Coils: This is a prevalent problem in winters when humidity levels are extremely low. The coils appear clean to the naked eyes, but a thin layer of frost covers them. Remove any dirt or debris on the coils and try turning the AC on again.
- Dirty Filters: A dirty air filter restricts airflow and causes the compressor to work harder, resulting in the system running longer. Clean or replace the air filters to see if it makes a difference.
- Thermostat: If the AC is blowing warm air, first check the thermostat to make sure you set it to cool. If you set it correctly, the problem could be a dirty filter or an issue with the compressor.
Common Air Conditioning Problems
- Inadequate AC maintenance: Inadequate AC maintenance can cause a rise in energy bills, so get regular maintenance from an AC professional.
- AC System Not Operating: If your system is completely down after a summer storm or power outage, check the circuit breaker, reset it if needed, and ensure you plugged in the equipment properly.
- Refrigerant Leaks: Refrigerant is a coolant used in ACs to liquefy the gas and create cold air. Leaks in the refrigerant system cause poor cooling, leading to high energy bills.
- Contactors and capacitors: Two of the most common components fail in ACs. A contactor is a switch that turns the AC on and off. While a capacitor stores energy to start the compressor.
- Electric Control Failure: The electric control is the brain of the AC and controls all the functions. The AC will not work if it fails because of a short or power surge.
When is a Broken Air Conditioner an Emergency?
- If your temperature exceeds 95°F indoors due to a broken AC, the problem is an emergency. When temperatures exceed 95°F, it can cause several health issues, including heat stress and heatstroke.
- The problem is an emergency if dust, debris, or rust prevents the AC from cooling correctly. A restricted condenser coil restricts airflow and lowers your unit’s efficiency. If you notice any of these symptoms, call for assistance immediately.
- If you are experiencing shudders, rattling, or strange noises, don’t hesitate to call an AC professional. Loud sounds coming from your unit are not typical and could be a sign of serious problems.
- If you smell gas, leave the house immediately and call 911 for assistance. Faulty electrical components usually cause gas odour in the circuit board. Never attempt to repair or service an AC that smells of gas.
- It’s not an emergency if your thermostat isn’t working appropriately.
- If you have a power outage, your unit doesn’t return once the electric company restores the power. While this may indeed be an inconvenience, it’s not necessarily an emergency.
- If your AC is leaking water, it could be a sign of a more serious issue. However, this problem doesn’t always require immediate attention, and you might be able to wait until the next day.
- You don’t have the right filter for your system.
How AC Maintenance Can Help Prevent Emergencies
- Inadequate cooling
- High energy bills
- Refrigerant leaks
- Electric control failure
A regularly-scheduled air conditioner can help:
- Reduce the risk of damage from a power surge
- Keep your equipment clean.
- Maximize efficiency and airflow
- Improve good health
- Save money on monthly energy bills.
- Prolong the life of your AC unit
Why Trust Furnace Repair Toronto?
- Same-day AC service – We are proud to offer same-day service for most requests.
- We repair all central ACs – Whether you have a ductless mini-split or furnace, we can service your system.
- We offer emergency AC services – Furnace Repair Toronto is available 24/7 if you need emergency AC repairs.
- Maintenance plan options – We know how expensive it can be to replace an HVAC unit, so we recommend affordable maintenance plans to help you avoid costly repairs.
- Guaranteed 100% satisfaction – We provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee to all our customers, which means we will come back and fix any issue that you might have, free of charge.
- No hidden fees or charges – The price for our service is transparent. There are no hidden charges or fees.
- No overtime charges – We respect your time, so we keep working until you are satisfied with our work. There is no overtime charge if you’ve hired us for emergency service.
- Your home stays clean – Our technicians place special covers on your furniture and flooring so they remain clean throughout the process.