Ductless air conditioners are gaining popularity because they offer several advantages over traditional central air conditioning systems. Most importantly, you can use them to cool rooms or zones in your home that are not reachable by central air systems. They’re also more economical because you can install multiple units without the need for extensive ductwork.
If you’re interested in installing a ductless AC, you may need professional help you determine the right size and type of unit for your home. Mini-split AC systems are a popular choice for ductless air conditioners. It’s because they offer efficient cooling, and you can install them in various ways to meet your specific needs.
What Are Ductless Air Conditioners?
Ductless air conditioners, also known as mini-split AC systems, are a type of air conditioning that doesn’t require ductwork to cool your home. They work by cooling the air in a specific area or zone in your home using an indoor and an outdoor unit.
Technicians typically mount the indoor unit on or near the wall. Connect the outdoor unit to the indoor unit with a power cord. You can install the outdoor unit below your home’s eaves or somewhere else that’s accessible.
We usually use these systems in homes with no central air conditioning. They’re also common in renovated homes because they’re easier to install in existing rooms without ductwork.
How Does it Work?
A ductless air conditioner, like the central AC, has two primary components:
An indoor unit
Professional installers usually mount the indoor unit on or near the wall. It distributes cool air throughout your home by drawing it in from the outside through the unit’s intake grille. Once the indoor coil is cooled, it transfers heat to the outdoor unit to be dispersed outside.
An outdoor unit
We connect the outdoor unit to the indoor unit with a power cord that allows for flexibility and adaptability concerning installation. The outdoor unit is typically installed below your home’s eaves or somewhere else that’s easily accessible. The condenser coil on the outdoor unit collects heat from the refrigerant and dissipates it into the atmosphere.
What Are The Types of Ductless Air Conditioners?
If you’re interested in purchasing a ductless AC for your Toronto area home, there are two main types that you need to be familiar with: mini-split and multi-split. These systems work similarly but offer different features. Not sure which is right for you? Let’s take a closer look at each type of system to help you decide.
Mini-split ductless AC system
Mini-split AC systems are the most popular type of ductless air conditioners. They’re a good choice for homes without central air conditioning. It’s also excellent for renovating homes with no necessary ductwork to install a central system.
These systems are available in both heat pump and cooling-only models. A heat pump can provide heating and cooling, while a cooling-only system can only cool your home.
Multi-split ductless AC system
Multi-split AC systems are suitable for larger homes or homes with multiple zones that need cooling. They allow you to cool more than one area of your home using a single system.
These systems use two or more indoor units connected to a single outdoor unit. The indoor units can be placed in different rooms to cool them independently. It is an excellent option if you want to cool specific areas of your home without cooling the entire house.
Why Use Ductless Air Conditioners Toronto?
There are many reasons to install a ductless air conditioner. Some of the most common reasons are:
- Improves indoor air quality: Ductless air conditioners have a filtration system that removes contaminants from the air before it’s cooled and distributed indoors. It can enhance your home’s air quality, mainly if prone to allergies or other respiratory issues.
- Easier to install in existing rooms without ductwork: They are easier to install in existing rooms with no access to central AC systems, making them an excellent choice for homes with no central AC.
- More economical than central AC systems: Ductless air conditioners are more economical than central AC systems because you can install multiple units without the need for extensive ductwork. It makes them an affordable option for cooling rooms or zones in your house that aren’t reachable by other types of systems.
- Offers customizable cooling solutions for homes: Mini-split ACs provide customizable cooling solutions. It’s because you can install many units and increase or decrease airflow as needed.
- Requires less maintenance than central systems: Ductless ACs do not require the same amount of maintenance as traditional AC systems, making them a more efficient choice for those who find it difficult to schedule regular maintenance visits.
- Cost-effective: Ductless ACs are a cost-effective cooling solution for homes. They use less energy than traditional AC systems, making them a more environmentally friendly option.
How to Install Ductless Air Conditioners?
Ductless ACs are easy to install, especially if existing ductwork or vents are suitable for installation. If you don’t have any of these features, however, you do have some options for installation:
- When your home existed around the same time as the unit, it might have been pre-wired with the proper electrical and refrigerant lines needed for installation.
- If you currently heat your home with a forced-air system, you may be able to install the outdoor unit in the same place where the furnace is.
If neither of these situations applies, you can hire a professional contractor to help you install the system.
Ductless Air Conditioner Professional Services
If you’re looking for installation services for your ductless AC system, many qualified contractors can help. Ask your contractor about their experience with ductless AC systems and whether they have any specific training.
Furnace Repair Toronto is a professional contractor that specializes in ductless AC system installation and maintenance. We have years of experience working with all types of ductless AC systems and offer free estimates on all our services.
Ductless air conditioners are a great way to cool your home without the need for extensive ductwork. If you want to learn more about ductless air conditioners, contact Furnace Repair Toronto at (647) 691-2238 today!
Why Choose Us
TORONTO'S Most Reliable Furnace Contractor
Your trust is something we truly value. Thus, we go above and beyond to provide you with value for your hard-earned money. It is our honour is to serve clients we acquired via word of mouth and referrals in the past. There are many things to be thankful for, and we are very proud of what we have established over the years we have worked in this industry.
Furnace Repair Toronto wants to make it easy for you to find the right company by providing fair prices, prompt and quality service, and transparent fees for your peace of mind.
What we offer
Benefits of choosing Furnace Repair Toronto
Get a New Furnace For As Low As $49 Per Month
Latest News and Inspirational
We provide a full range of repairing maintenance of air conditioning systems and use of professional equipment and lower cost.
We always be on time and ready to give you the great service possible
If you trust us with the furnace services, rest assured that we will do our homework both in and out.